Alcoholic Beverage Licenses
Businesses that sell and serve beer, wine, distilled spirits, or any other alcoholic beverages in the City of Lilburn are required to obtain an alcohol license. Licenses are issued for January 1 through December 31 and must be renewed each year. City of Lilburn Alcohol Beverage Licenses are issued in accordance with regulations and requirements outlined in Chapter 6 of the City of Lilburn Code of Ordinances.
In all cases, businesses must also obtain a State Alcohol License through the Georgia Department of Revenue. The license obtained from the Georgia Department of Revenue must be submitted to the City of Lilburn in order to obtain the original city alcohol license.
All retail businesses are required to purchase alcohol from wholesale distributors.
How to Apply
- All businesses must first obtain an Occupational Tax Certificate (Business License) from the City of Lilburn.
- The applicant must complete the Alcohol Application and submit it to City Hall, 340 Main St., completed and notarized, along with payment of application fee.
- The business will undergo verification of Occupational Tax Certificate, as well as status of any fees or taxes due to the city.
- A background investigation is required on all owners and managers by the Lilburn Police Department, as well as fingerprints at an authorized Georgia Applicant Processing Services (GAPS) location.
- Alcohol server permits are required on all employees who serve, sell, or handle alcohol.
- The completed application is reviewed by the Alcohol Review Board, which recommends approval or denial of new applications. The City Council must issue final approval of all new licenses.