The Uniform Patrol Division is comprised of 17 officers who protect and serve the 8 square miles inside the city limits. The City of Lilburn is proud to have a police coverage rate of 2.6 officers per 1,000 residents.
Lilburn police officers are professional, highly trained Georgia Peace Officer Standards and Training Council (POST) certified peace officers who have exceptional knowledge of modern law enforcement principles, procedures, techniques, and equipment. Lilburn officers have training in the use of firearms, the operation of police vehicles, and other specialized equipment including breathalyzers, radar units, police batons, Tasers, OC spray, restraining devices, and emergency response driving.
Lilburn police officers are tasked with multiple responsibilities that include the following:
- Answering emergency and non-emergency calls for service within the Lilburn city limits
- Enforcing applicable federal, state, and city laws and ordinances
- Patrolling city streets, neighborhoods, and parks for the purpose of increasing police visibility to discourage criminal activity, and to discover crimes in progress
- Performing area checks to observe doors and windows of banks and business establishments to ensure their security and to check for signs of damage and/or illegal entry
- Completing reports of arrests, interviews, and evidence of property received
- Obtaining warrants and arresting criminal suspects
- Enforcing traffic laws, issuing citations, and investigating traffic accidents
- Assisting Lilburn citizens
- Testifying in court
- Acting as security for Lilburn Municipal Court
- Providing security and traffic control for city events
- Performing community service activities such as conducting safety presentations to neighborhood watch groups and Police Department tours
Request an out-of-town house check.