Fingerprinting & Background Checks
How to Request
Request a criminal history/background check or fingerprinting services in person from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. See below for further requirements.
Methods of Payment
The following payment forms are accepted :
- Money Order
- Credit Card (Visa or MasterCard only)
Criminal History Request / Background Check
Criminal history requests are also referred to as Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) reports.
- Valid United States issued photo identification (such as state issued driver’s license, state issued ID card, or passport)
- Valid Social Security number
- Completed application supplied by the Police Department
Applicants must bring a legal form of identification (valid driver’s license or state identification card, passport, military identification, or immigration card). Blue applicant card(s) or Green Personal Identification Card(s) may be provided, upon request.
A non-refundable fee of $12.50 for the first card, $20 for two cards, and $10 for each additional card.
Services Not Provided
- Electronic fingerprint submissions for employment or licensing with the State of Georgia for non-criminal justice purposes must go to a Georgia Applicant Processing Services (GAPS) location.
- We provide immigration fingerprint services for Canadian immigration only, all others must go to:
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) offices
- Application Support Centers (ASCs)
- U.S. consular offices and military installations abroad
- We cannot provide firearms permit fingerprints. Please visit the Probate Court in the county in which you reside.