There is a lot happening in the City of Lilburn! Here is a list of upcoming, ongoing, and recently completed construction projects:
- Police and Municipal Court Facility: Design is under way for a new home for the police department and municipal court. Plans should be completed by the end of the year.
- Old Town parking expansion: Complete. The city parking lot between 1910 Public House and Music on Main Street has been redesigned to include more parking spaces and improve drainage.
- Camp Creek Greenway: The city is preparing for replacement of the 988-foot bridge on the west side of Main Street headed toward Lions Club Park. During the current preparatory work, no disruption of pedestrian/bike travel on the greenway is expected. However, that section of the greenway will be closed during bridge construction, which will begin sometime in early 2018. The public will be notified before the closure occurs.
- Road resurfacing: West Johns, Bradley Woods, and Old Manor roads resurfacing work was completed in September.
- Hillcrest Road Sidewalk: The city will install sidewalk on the east side of Hillcrest Road between Indian Trail and Burns roads in early 2018. Surveying and other preliminary work is under way.
- Office/Distribution Facility on Indian Trail Lilburn Road: On Feb. 12, 2018, Lilburn City Council rezoned 36 acres at 550 Indian Trail Lilburn Road from Commercial Business to Industrial Activity to allow for construction of a 350,000-square-foot office/distribution facility by Taylor & Mathis Properties. Zoning conditions address architectural design, adequate buffer along the property line, installation of street trees and sidewalks, and minimizing traffic impact on Indian Trail. The former Jackson Creek Water Reclamation Facility has been vacant for many years and is owned by the Lilburn Downtown Development Authority. View zoning application for more details.
- Braden Carwash: Plans submitted to the Planning & Economic Development Department for a carwash on Braden Drive, off US 29 near Harmony Grove Road.
- Braden Package: Plans submitted for a package store on Braden Drive, off US 29 near Harmony Grove Road.
- Branded Barrel: New package store open on Pleasant Hill Road, in front of Plaza Las Americas.
- Bus Station Bistro & Creamery: A former UK tour bus is being renovated to accommodate a restaurant with seating overlooking Lilburn City Park. A separate kitchen is under construction.
- Dollar General: Under construction on Indian Trail Road at Hillcrest Road.
- Plaza Las Americas: Now open! This 140,000-square-foot indoor mall includes 100+ businesses including a food court on Pleasant Hill Road near the intersection with Ronald Reagan Parkway.
- Speedway: Gas station plans have been submitted for 20 pumps and a convenience store on US 29 at Harmony Grove Road.
- 206 Main Street: House being demolished to make way for a 4,000-square-foot new home.
- The Enclave: Townhomes are under construction in this 25-lot neighborhood on Arcado Road.
- East Highlands: The subdivision will have a total of 148 lots on 46 acres off N. River Drive. Homes by CalAtlantic are under construction.
- Earth Craft house: Tom Mills, who produces and hosts a green-lifestyle video series, is building an energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly “smart home” on First Ave. Find videos documenting the construction progress on YouTube @GreenShortz GreenHouse.
- Luxomni Point: Site development is under way for a 47-lot townhome community on Arcado Road.
- Town Walk: Homes are under construction in this 9-lot pocket neighborhood at the site of the former City Hall Annex on First Avenue.
Last updated Feb. 12, 2017.