There is a lot happening in the City of Lilburn! Here is a list of upcoming, ongoing, and recently completed construction projects:
- Railroad Crossing Repairs: CSX Railroad will temporarily close several Lilburn crossings in March for railroad tie replacement. This is not a city project, but it is part of a CSX maintenance project that occurs approximately every 8 years. Crossings at Harmony Grove Road, Main Street, Arcado Raod and Lester Road will each close for 2-3 days during construction. More than one crossing may be closed at the same time. Please follow any posted detours or seek alternate routes, and add additional time for your commute. Sign up for road closure notifications.
- Hillcrest Road Sidewalk: Preliminary work for sidewalk construction began Monday, March 5, along Hillcrest Road between Indian Trail and Burns roads. The contractor, Excellere Construction, has begun notifying residents and installing erosion control. In addition to sidewalks, the project will include milling on Hillcrest Road to bring the street in line with new curbing. This project will create a safer, more walkable road and is 100-percent funded by the Community Development Block Grant.
- Lilburn City Park Improvements: This summer, Lilburn residents will get a new playground in Lilburn City Park and more parking to serve downtown. A new parking lot will be constructed at the site of the existing tennis courts, which will close May 1. New playground equipment, including a separate toddler area, will be installed at the current playground location close to the new parking. Playground closure will be announced when a construction schedule is finalized. All construction will be funded by the 2017-2023 SPLOST, the one-cent sales tax approved by voters. Click here for more information.
- Camp Creek Greenway: The city is preparing for replacement of the 988-foot bridge on the west side of Main Street headed toward Lions Club Park. That section of the greenway will be temporarily closed during bridge construction, which will begin sometime in April 2018. The public will be notified before the closure occurs.
- Police and Municipal Court Facility: Design is under way for a new home for the police department and municipal court. Plans should be completed by the end of the year.
- Railroad Avenue Mixed-Use Project: Old Town Lilburn Partners LLC plans to build 55 townhomes and storefronts across Railroad Avenue from Lilburn City Park. The mixed-use project encompasses the square between Railroad, Main, First, and Lula. Construction is expected to begin in April or May.
- Office/Distribution Facility on Indian Trail Lilburn Road: On Feb. 12, 2018, Lilburn City Council rezoned 36 acres at 550 Indian Trail Lilburn Road from Commercial Business to Industrial Activity to allow for construction of a 350,000-square-foot office/distribution facility by Taylor & Mathis Properties. Zoning conditions address architectural design, adequate buffer along the property line, installation of street trees and sidewalks, and minimizing traffic impact on Indian Trail. The former Jackson Creek Water Reclamation Facility has been vacant for many years and is owned by the Lilburn Downtown Development Authority. View zoning application for more details.
- Braden Carwash: Plans submitted to the Planning & Economic Development Department for a carwash on Braden Drive, off US 29 near Harmony Grove Road.
- Braden Package: Plans submitted for a package store on Braden Drive, off US 29 near Harmony Grove Road.
- Branded Barrel: New package store open on Pleasant Hill Road, in front of Plaza Las Americas.
- Bus Station Bistro & Creamery: A former UK tour bus is being renovated to accommodate a restaurant with seating overlooking Lilburn City Park. A separate kitchen is under construction.
- Dollar General: Under construction on Indian Trail Road at Hillcrest Road.
- Plaza Las Americas: Now open! This 140,000-square-foot indoor mall includes 100+ businesses including a food court on Pleasant Hill Road near the intersection with Ronald Reagan Parkway.
- Speedway: Gas station plans have been submitted for 20 pumps and a convenience store on US 29 at Harmony Grove Road.
- Senior Housing: Almost 70 age-restricted homes will be built at the corner of Main Street and Church Street, across the street from Lilburn City Hall-Library. Plans have not been submitted to the Planning Department at this time.
- East Highlands: The subdivision will have a total of 148 lots on 46 acres off N. River Drive. Homes by CalAtlantic are under construction.
- Overlook at Parkview: In vacant property next to Killian Christian School's soccer field on Arcado Road, 24 single-family homes are planned. The developer has applied for a site development plan at this time.
- The Enclave: Townhomes are under construction in this 25-lot neighborhood on Arcado Road. Five units have been completed as of March 2018, and seven more are under construction.
- Luxomni Point: Site development is under way for a 47-lot townhome community by Taylor Morrison Homes on Arcado Road.
- Town Walk: A model home is under construction in this 9-lot pocket neighborhood at the site of the former City Hall Annex on First Avenue.
- Earth Craft house: Tom Mills, who produces and hosts a green-lifestyle video series, is building an energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly “smart home” on First Ave. Find videos documenting the construction progress on YouTube @GreenShortz GreenHouse.
- 206 Main Street: A new 4,000-square-foot home is being constructed in place of the former ranch on this downtown property.
Last updated March 13, 2018.