Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Citizens can bring valuable insight and provide skilled resources to local government by serving on city Boards and Commissions. The citizens appointed to serve on these volunteer organizations represent the views of all citizens to the Mayor and Council. In this role, they make decisions and help recommend and review policies for the City of Lilburn.
This questionnaire will assist the City Council in its review process to determine applicant eligibility and qualifications for Board or Commission appointments.
• Do I fully understand the role and responsibilities of this Board or Commission? Am I willing to spend my time, skills and energy on the goals and mission of this Board or Commission including preparation for and regularly attending meetings?
• Do I have skills and experience that will be useful on this Board or Commission?
• Am I willing to perform a reasonable amount of work outside of regularly scheduled Board or Commission meetings?
• Can I work effectively with the other members of the Board or Commission?
• Am I willing to participate in necessary Board or Commission training, education and development activities that will improve my effectiveness in my position? Note that the city pays for training seminars and associated expenses to improve a member’s knowledge of a Board or Commission role and responsibilities. In addition, most Board and Commission members receive a small honorarium for attending regular board meetings.
1. The appointing authority may require an interview prior to consideration for appointment;
2. That I will be required to take an oath of office to uphold the City’s charter and ordinances;
3. That my term in office will be governed by the by-laws of the Board or Commission to which I am appointed;
4. In addition, that my application is a public record and will remain on file with the City Clerk.
By signing this form, I agree to comply at all times with all requirements of the office for which I am applying and to which I may be appointed. All statements and information provided in this application are true to the best of my knowledge.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field