There is a lot happening in the City of Lilburn! Here is a list of upcoming, ongoing, and recently completed construction projects:
- Hillcrest Road Sidewalk: Construction is complete and street lighting will be installed within the next 30 days. In addition to sidewalks, the project included milling on Hillcrest Road to bring the street in line with new curbing. This project created a safer, more walkable road and was 100-percent funded by the Community Development Block Grant.
- Lilburn City Park Improvements: This summer, Lilburn residents will get a new playground in Lilburn City Park and more parking to serve the park and downtown. A new parking lot and new restrooms will be constructed. New playground equipment, including a separate toddler area, will be installed at the current playground location close to the new parking. Playground closure will be announced when a construction schedule is finalized. All construction will be funded by the 2017-2023 SPLOST, the one-cent sales tax approved by voters. Click here for more information.
- Camp Creek Greenway: The city is replacing the 988-foot bridge on the west side of Main Street headed toward Lions Club Park. That section of the greenway is temporarily closed during bridge construction. Once complete, the new bridge will be the largest installation of PermaTrak in the Southeast.
- Police and Municipal Court Facility: Design has been completed for the building and site for a new home for the police department and municipal court. The project is scheduled to begin mid July-early August 2018.
- HAWK Pedestrian Signal: Design is complete for a new High-intensity Activated Crosswalk (HAWK) system soon to be installed on Killian Hill Road. The HAWK system is a traffic control device that provides pedestrians a safer crossing. Pedestrians activate the signal to cross, so it only stops vehicular traffic as needed. The HAWK pedestrian signal is a jointly funded SPLOST project with Gwinnett County and will be installed on Killian Hill Road near Shelley Lane.
- Railroad Avenue Mixed-Use Project: Old Town Lilburn Partners LLC plans to build 55 townhomes and storefronts across Railroad Avenue from Lilburn City Park. The mixed-use project encompasses the square between Railroad, Main, First, and Lula. Construction is expected to begin in April or May.
- Office/Distribution Facility on Indian Trail Lilburn Road: On Feb. 12, 2018, Lilburn City Council rezoned 36 acres at 550 Indian Trail Lilburn Road from Commercial Business to Industrial Activity to allow for construction of a 350,000-square-foot office/distribution facility by Taylor & Mathis Properties. Zoning conditions address architectural design, adequate buffer along the property line, installation of street trees and sidewalks, and minimizing traffic impact on Indian Trail. The former Jackson Creek Water Reclamation Facility has been vacant for many years and is owned by the Lilburn Downtown Development Authority. View zoning application for more details.
- Braden Carwash: Plans submitted to the Planning & Economic Development Department for a carwash on Braden Drive, off US 29 near Harmony Grove Road.
- Braden Package: Plans submitted for a package store on Braden Drive, off US 29 near Harmony Grove Road.
- Branded Barrel: New package store open on Pleasant Hill Road, in front of Plaza Las Americas.
- Bus Station Bistro & Creamery: A former UK tour bus is being renovated to accommodate a restaurant with seating overlooking Lilburn City Park. A separate kitchen is under construction.
- Dollar General: Under construction on Indian Trail Road at Hillcrest Road.
- Plaza Las Americas: Now open! This 140,000-square-foot indoor mall includes 100+ businesses including a food court on Pleasant Hill Road near the intersection with Ronald Reagan Parkway.
- Speedway: Gas station plans have been submitted for 20 pumps and a convenience store on US 29 at Harmony Grove Road.
- Senior Housing: Almost 70 age-restricted homes will be built at the corner of Main Street and Church Street, across the street from Lilburn City Hall-Library. Plans have not been submitted to the Planning Department at this time.
- East Highlands: The subdivision will have a total of 148 lots on 46 acres off N. River Drive. Homes by CalAtlantic are under construction.
- Overlook at Parkview: In vacant property next to Killian Christian School's soccer field on Arcado Road, 24 single-family homes are planned. The developer has applied for a site development plan at this time.
- The Enclave: Townhomes are under construction in this 25-lot neighborhood on Arcado Road. Five units have been completed as of March 2018, and seven more are under construction.
- Luxomni Point: Site development is under way for a 47-lot townhome community by Taylor Morrison Homes on Arcado Road.
- Town Walk: A model home is under construction in this 9-lot pocket neighborhood at the site of the former City Hall Annex on First Avenue.
- Earth Craft house: Tom Mills, who produces and hosts a green-lifestyle video series, is building an energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly “smart home” on First Ave. Find videos documenting the construction progress on YouTube @GreenShortz GreenHouse.
- 206 Main Street: A new 4,000-square-foot home is being constructed in place of the former ranch on this downtown property.
- 789 Hillcrest Rd: Site development has begun for a nine unit townhome in this space on Hillcrest Rd.
Last updated March 13, 2018.