There is a lot happening in the City of Lilburn! Here is a list of upcoming, ongoing, and recently completed construction projects:
- Lilburn City Park Improvements: The new, expanded playground is now open at Lilburn City Park! The playground includes separate areas for younger and older children, brand new equipment, and a softer playing surface. Multiple ground level activities and a padded artificial playground grass provide for improved accessibility. The playground area also features several multi-purpose walls that provide a visible and physical perimeter and can be used for seating.The new parking lot is now open and arched lamp posts are being installed at the lot. Construction is underway on the new restroom building at the park. Guests are reminded to stay out of construction areas.
- Police and Municipal Court Facility: Construction is underway on the new police department and municipal court building. The groundbreaking ceremony took place on Monday, August 13, 2018. Completion expected in fall of 2019.
- HAWK Pedestrian Signal: Design is complete for a new High-intensity Activated Crosswalk (HAWK) system soon to be installed on Killian Hill Road. The HAWK system is a traffic control device that provides pedestrians a safer crossing. Pedestrians activate the signal to cross, so it only stops vehicular traffic as needed. The HAWK pedestrian signal is a jointly funded SPLOST project with Gwinnett County and will be installed on Killian Hill Road near Shelley Lane.
- Gateway Monument: Construction is complete on the new gateway monument located at the corner of Pleasant Hill Road and Highway 29. Landscaping will be added in the planting season.
- Railroad Avenue Mixed-Use Project: Site development has begun by Old Town Lilburn Partners, LLC with plans to build 55 townhomes and storefronts across Railroad Avenue from Lilburn City Park. The mixed-use project encompasses the square between Railroad, Main, First, and Lula.
- Office/Distribution Facility on Indian Trail Lilburn Road: Construction of a 350,000-square-foot office/distribution facility by Taylor & Mathis Properties is underway at 550 Indian Trail Lilburn Road. Zoning conditions addressed architectural design, adequate buffer along the property line, installation of street trees and sidewalks, and minimizing traffic impact on Indian Trail. This was the site of the former Jackson Creek Water Reclamation Facility.
- Braden Car Wash and Package Store: Site development and building construction is underway for both for a car wash and a package store on Braden Drive, off US 29 near Harmony Grove Road.
- Senior Housing: Site development is underway for 68 age-restricted homes being built at the corner of Main Street and Church Street, across the street from Lilburn City Hall-Library. The ground breaking ceremony was held on May 21, 2019. Club house construction will begin soon. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- East Highlands: The subdivision will have a total of 148 lots on 46 acres off N. River Drive. Homes by Lennar are under construction.
- Overlook at Parkview: Site development for 24 single-family homes has begun for the property next to Killian Christian School's soccer field on Arcado Road.
- The Enclave: Townhomes are under construction in this 25-lot neighborhood on Arcado Road. Eighteen units have been completed.
- Luxomni Point: Site development is under way for a 47-lot townhome community by Taylor Morrison Homes on Arcado Road. Building construction to begin soon.
- Towns Walk: A model home is complete in this 9-lot pocket neighborhood at the site of the former City Hall Annex on First Avenue.
- Sampson: Building construction has begun on five of nine unit townhomes at 789 Hillcrest Rd.
- Arcado Road at Killian Hill: Permit issued on 1/24/19 for clearing/grubbing/demolition only on 3.1 acres where activity is occurring. Construction of sewer line extension is continuing. The 4+ acre parcel at Killian Hill/Arcado corner is under contract, but has not yet closed. Mixed use is proposed in accordance with 2014 zoning approval. Specifics on site development are not yet solidified. Please check back for updates.
Last updated May 30, 2019.