There is a lot happening in the City of Lilburn! Here is a list of upcoming, ongoing, and recently completed construction projects:
- Lilburn City Park Improvements: Lilburn residents will soon be getting a new playground in Lilburn City Park and more parking to serve the park and downtown. Bids have been awarded for new restrooms to be constructed. The playground equipment, including a separate toddler area, will be installed at the current playground location close to the new parking. The playground is currently CLOSED while the old equipment is removed, site work is completed, and new equipment is installed. Due to the scope of this project, the new, expanded playground area will be closed for several weeks. All construction will be funded by the 2017-2023 SPLOST, the one-cent sales tax approved by voters. Click here for more information.
- Police and Municipal Court Facility: Design has been completed for the building and site for a new home for the police department and municipal court. The groundbreaking ceremony took place on Monday, August 13, 2018. Completion expected in fall of 2019.
- HAWK Pedestrian Signal: Design is complete for a new High-intensity Activated Crosswalk (HAWK) system soon to be installed on Killian Hill Road. The HAWK system is a traffic control device that provides pedestrians a safer crossing. Pedestrians activate the signal to cross, so it only stops vehicular traffic as needed. The HAWK pedestrian signal is a jointly funded SPLOST project with Gwinnett County and will be installed on Killian Hill Road near Shelley Lane.
- Gateway Monument: Construction has begun on a gateway monument being installed at the corner of Pleasant Hill Road and Highway 29. The monument is expected to be completed in March 2019.
- Railroad Avenue Mixed-Use Project: Site development has begun by Old Town Lilburn Partners, LLC with plans to build 55 townhomes and storefronts across Railroad Avenue from Lilburn City Park. The mixed-use project encompasses the square between Railroad, Main, First, and Lula.
- Office/Distribution Facility on Indian Trail Lilburn Road: Construction of a 350,000-square-foot office/distribution facility by Taylor & Mathis Properties is underway at 550 Indian Trail Lilburn Road. Zoning conditions addressed architectural design, adequate buffer along the property line, installation of street trees and sidewalks, and minimizing traffic impact on Indian Trail. This was the site of the former Jackson Creek Water Reclamation Facility.
- Braden Car Wash and Package Store: Site development is underway for both for a car wash and a package store on Braden Drive, off US 29 near Harmony Grove Road.
- Senior Housing: Site development is underway for 68 age-restricted homes being built at the corner of Main Street and Church Street, across the street from Lilburn City Hall-Library. Building plans have not yet been submitted to the Planning Department. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- East Highlands: The subdivision will have a total of 148 lots on 46 acres off N. River Drive. Homes by Lennar are under construction.
- Overlook at Parkview: Site development for 24 single-family homes has begun for the property next to Killian Christian School's soccer field on Arcado Road.
- The Enclave: Townhomes are under construction in this 25-lot neighborhood on Arcado Road. Eighteen units have been completed.
- Luxomni Point: Site development is under way for a 47-lot townhome community by Taylor Morrison Homes on Arcado Road.
- Towns Walk: A model home is under construction in this 9-lot pocket neighborhood at the site of the former City Hall Annex on First Avenue.
- Sampson: Site development is complete for a nine unit townhome in this space located at 789 Hillcrest Rd.
- Arcado Road at Killian Hill: Permit issued on 1/24/19 for clearing/grubbing/demolition only on 3.1 acres where activity is occurring. The 4+ acre parcel at Killian Hill/Arcado corner is under contract, but has not yet closed. Mixed use is proposed in accordance with 2014 zoning approval. Specifics on site development are not yet solidified. Sewer is being run to the property from the Legends of Parkview. Please check back for updates.
Last updated February 14, 2019.