There is a lot happening in the City of Lilburn! Here is a list of upcoming, ongoing, and recently completed construction projects:
- Lilburn City Park Improvements: Lilburn residents will soon be getting a new playground in Lilburn City Park and more parking to serve the park and downtown. New restrooms will also be constructed. The playground equipment, including a separate toddler area, will be installed at the current playground location close to the new parking. The playground is currently CLOSED while the old equipment is removed, site work is completed, and new equipment is installed. Due to the scope of this project, the new, expanded playground area will be closed for several weeks. All construction will be funded by the 2017-2023 SPLOST, the one-cent sales tax approved by voters. Click here for more information.
- Camp Creek Greenway: The city has replaced the 988-foot wooden bridge on the west side of Main Street with PermaTrak, a low-maintenance, pre-cast concrete boardwalk product. Although grading and other work is still being finished, the structure is complete and the greenway was reopened to the public on August 11. A ribbon cutting took place on October 8. For more information about the project, click here.
- Police and Municipal Court Facility: Design has been completed for the building and site for a new home for the police department and municipal court. The groundbreaking ceremony took place on Monday, August 13, 2018. Construction time is expected to be twelve months.
- HAWK Pedestrian Signal: Design is complete for a new High-intensity Activated Crosswalk (HAWK) system soon to be installed on Killian Hill Road. The HAWK system is a traffic control device that provides pedestrians a safer crossing. Pedestrians activate the signal to cross, so it only stops vehicular traffic as needed. The HAWK pedestrian signal is a jointly funded SPLOST project with Gwinnett County and will be installed on Killian Hill Road near Shelley Lane.
- Railroad Avenue Mixed-Use Project: Old Town Lilburn Partners, LLC plans to build 55 townhomes and storefronts across Railroad Avenue from Lilburn City Park. The mixed-use project encompasses the square between Railroad, Main, First, and Lula.
- Office/Distribution Facility on Indian Trail Lilburn Road: Construction of a 350,000-square-foot office/distribution facility by Taylor & Mathis Properties is being constructed at 550 Indian Trail Lilburn Road. Zoning conditions addressed architectural design, adequate buffer along the property line, installation of street trees and sidewalks, and minimizing traffic impact on Indian Trail. This was the site of the former Jackson Creek Water Reclamation Facility.
- Braden Carwash: Plans submitted to the Planning & Economic Development Department for a carwash on Braden Drive, off US 29 near Harmony Grove Road.
- Braden Package: Plans submitted for a package store on Braden Drive, off US 29 near Harmony Grove Road.
- Senior Housing: Almost 70 age-restricted homes will be built at the corner of Main Street and Church Street, across the street from Lilburn City Hall-Library. Plans have not been submitted to the Planning Department at this time. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
- East Highlands: The subdivision will have a total of 148 lots on 46 acres off N. River Drive. Homes by Lennar are under construction.
- Overlook at Parkview: Site development for 24 single-family homes has begun for the property next to Killian Christian School's soccer field on Arcado Road.
- The Enclave: Townhomes are under construction in this 25-lot neighborhood on Arcado Road. Twelve units have been completed.
- Luxomni Point: Site development is under way for a 47-lot townhome community by Taylor Morrison Homes on Arcado Road.
- Towns Walk: A model home is under construction in this 9-lot pocket neighborhood at the site of the former City Hall Annex on First Avenue.
- Sampson: Site development is complete for a nine unit townhome in this space located at 789 Hillcrest Rd.
Last updated October 16, 2018.