There is a lot happening in the City of Lilburn! Here is a list of upcoming, ongoing, and recently completed construction projects:
- Lilburn City Park Improvements: The new playground opened in 2019 at Lilburn City Park! The playground includes separate areas for younger and older children, brand new equipment, and a softer playing surface. Multiple ground level activities and a padded artificial playground grass provide for improved accessibility. The playground features several multi-purpose walls that provide a visible and physical perimeter and can be used for seating. A new parking lot, restroom building, small pavilion, and stroller parking pad were also recently added to the park. Soon guests will be able to enjoy a new open air pavilion near the band shell and a new passive park area near the Gartrell Nash Pavilion. Landscape installation in the park area will be phased in over time.
- Police and Municipal Court Facility: The new Lilburn Police Department and Municipal Court Complex opened in March 2020. The new 27,000 sq. ft. building is located at 4600 Lawrenceville Highway.
- HAWK Pedestrian Signal: Design is complete for a new High-intensity Activated Crosswalk (HAWK) system soon to be installed on Killian Hill Road. The HAWK system is a traffic control device that provides pedestrians a safer crossing. Pedestrians activate the signal to cross, so it only stops vehicular traffic as needed. The HAWK pedestrian signal is a jointly funded SPLOST project with Gwinnett County and will be installed on Killian Hill Road near Shelley Lane.
- Wynne-Russell Road Improvements: The City of Lilburn received a $600,000 Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) to install new sidewalks and street lights along Wynne-Russell Road from Lawrenceville Highway to West Johns Road, and down a portion of West Johns Road. The project is presently in design with hopes to let the contract to construction before the end of the year.
- Gateway Monument: Construction is complete on the new gateway monument located at the corner of Pleasant Hill Road and Highway 29. Landscaping will be added in the planting season.
Commercial projects (updated 12/17/2020) :
City Park Pavilion – open air pavilion/basement storage, construction underway- completion as early as Mid March for possible coordination with St.Patrick’s Day event.
• Our Lady of The Americas -2 story admin building near completion.
• Berkmar High School – New Theater, bldg. renovations, parking, etc. underway.
• McDonalds – Bldg renovation with site renovation permitted.
- Don Pedro restaurant drive thru lane approved with conditional variances.
- 3997 Lville Hwy – Kyros Church Interior Finish
- Waffle House -new “heritage” red canopy
- 700 Indian Trail – Pentecostal Church Interior Finish (CE case)
- BAPS parking lot expansion -final inspection this week.
- Braden Car Wash – US29 near Braden Dr. – storm as-builts needed. Building construction to begin soon.
Submitted for review:
• Car Wash Redevelopment– 361 Killian Hill – comments provided 4/22.
• Cole’s Service station - conversion to Convenience Store comments provided 11/6. Approval pending GC EH approval. Truck parking to be discontinued.
• Autorama East -306 Luxomni - expansion of auto dealer with additional retail tenants -2nd comments provided.
• Killian Hill -interior demo and white box renovation.
- 440 Pleasant Hill – 2 new restaurant suites proposed
- 97 Main – Salon renovation – new storefront and signage
- 4098 Lville Hwy – bldg. renovation to Black Bird Brewery. Bldg and sign elevations received
• Los Hermanos - bought Boston Market Bldg. Concept Plan- renovation with patio and rooftop seating.
- 3997 L’ville Hwy Primary Care -Interior Finish
- Railroad Avenue Mixed-Use Project: Old Town Lilburn Partners, LLC has begun construction of 55 townhomes across Railroad Avenue from Lilburn City Park. The mixed-use project encompasses 5.7 acres between Railroad, Main, First, and Lula and includes plans for future commercial buildings on Main Street.
Under construction (updated 12/17/2020):
- Old Town Townhomes – 55 Townhomes, + future commercial. 5.7 acres - 2 bldgs/9 units complete. Final plat recorded. New owners anticipate high $300’s. 3 more bldgs permitted, 7 units under construction.
Townswalk - 9 Single Family Detached homes - $400’s. 1 ac. 3 completed/platted, next 3 in final stages (pre-sold). Last 3 in plan review, to be issued by end of December pending sidewalk.
Cottages at Noble Village – 68 age restricted duplex units. 8.5 ac.
28+ units and clubhouse complete (TCO) and plat recorded.
Lilburn Township – 80 Townhomes + future 15K sf commercial 7.8 ac.
Stanley Martin Homes. Phase 1 (residential) site development underway. Revised sewer/water plans pending Gwinnett County approval.
East Highlands (N. River Drive) – 148 Single Family residential, Lennar Homes high $300’s. 46.5 ac. - 108 complete 25+ active permits = 15+/- lots left.
Luxomni Point (R-2 Arcado @ Cedar) - 47 Townhomes, mid $200’s, Taylor Morrison Homes. 5.2 ac. - 4 bldgs complete (20 units), 2 under construction, 2 approved for permitting.
The Preserve (MU Arcado @ Killian Hill) - Phase I 37 Townhomes (8 bldgs), Kittle Homes. 6.7 ac. - 28 units complete and last 3 bldgs under construction. Variance granted for 16 decks with screening conditions.
Bryson Meadows – Phase I 8 ac. - 83 Townhomes Meritage Homes, high $200’s. Plat recorded and entrance sign complete. 3 bldgs (11 models) under construction, and 3 more permitted.
Townes at Rockbridge: Site development plan is under review. Concept plan includes 47 townhomes on 7.2 acres.
Parkview East (R-1 –Arcado Rd to Lilburn Stone Mtn. Rd) - 127 Single family residential lots, 36+ acres. Meritage Homes Mid $300s. Preliminary plat, model home under construction. 7 plans under review. Site stabilized, entry signage underway, street topping this week, sewer pump station and sewer line boring along Arcado by mid Jan.
Townes @ Greenleaf (R-2 Greenwood) – 29 Townhomes + 4 Single Family Residential. 3.8 ac. Richardson Homes. Site development underway. Storm pond and sewer installed.
Townes @ Rockfern (R-2 Rockbridge Rd new name) – 47 Townhomes on 7.2 ac.
Richardson Homes.. Site development underway- stream buffer encroachment permitted by EPD for road crossing.
Site Development or Subdivision/Building Plans being reviewed:
• Old Arcado/Parkview East Phase II – 7 SFR lot subdivision with access from Arbor Lane (off Lilburn Stone Mtn Rd). Coordinating plan review with Gwinnett.
- The Preserve Phase II 4.62 ac., Concept pre-approved and demo complete. Clearing/ Grubbing permitted. SDP comments provided; storm and bldgs. subject to new codes to the extent practical. MU Commercial (1 acre) Phase III pending purchase and GC DOT access on Killian Hill.
- Bryson Tract – 1.5 acre SFR lot to be carved out for a house, following zoning approval of R-2 across the street.
- Bryson Tract - 26 acre parcel recently zoned R-2 – parcel recombination plat submitted. Developer/Builder: Stanley Martin.
- Updated December 17, 2020.