There is a lot happening in the City of Lilburn! Here is a list of upcoming, ongoing, and recently completed construction projects:
- Lilburn City Park Improvements: The new playground is now open at Lilburn City Park! The playground includes separate areas for younger and older children, brand new equipment, and a softer playing surface. Multiple ground level activities and a padded artificial playground grass provide for improved accessibility. The playground features several multi-purpose walls that provide a visible and physical perimeter and can be used for seating.A new parking lot and restroom building were also recently added to the park. A small pavilion and stroller parking pad are currently being installed at the location.
- Police and Municipal Court Facility: Construction is underway on the new police department and municipal court building. The project is expected to be complete in early 2020.
- HAWK Pedestrian Signal: Design is complete for a new High-intensity Activated Crosswalk (HAWK) system soon to be installed on Killian Hill Road. The HAWK system is a traffic control device that provides pedestrians a safer crossing. Pedestrians activate the signal to cross, so it only stops vehicular traffic as needed. The HAWK pedestrian signal is a jointly funded SPLOST project with Gwinnett County and will be installed on Killian Hill Road near Shelley Lane.
- Gateway Monument: Construction is complete on the new gateway monument located at the corner of Pleasant Hill Road and Highway 29. Landscaping will be added in the planting season.
- Railroad Avenue Mixed-Use Project: Old Town Lilburn Partners, LLC has begun construction of 55 townhomes across Railroad Avenue from Lilburn City Park. The mixed-use project encompasses 5.7 acres between Railroad, Main, First, and Lula and includes plans for future commercial buildings on Main Street.
- Office/Distribution Facility on Indian Trail Lilburn Road: Construction of a 350,000-square-foot office/distribution facility by Taylor & Mathis Properties was completed in 2019. The facility is located at 550 Indian Trail Lilburn Road and is the site of the former Jackson Creek Water Reclamation Facility.
- Strong Water Package: Final site work is being completed on the package store, located on the corner of Braden Drive and US 29.
- Car Wash: Site work is underway for the car wash. Building plans are expected soon. The car was is located at the corner of Braden Drive, and US 29.
- Chick-fil-A: Reconstruction is underway at 4801 Lawrenceville Hwy NW. Site development permit and plans have been approved.
- Cottages at Noble Village: Construction is underway on 68 age-restricted duplex homes at the corner of Main Street and Church Street, across the street from Lilburn City Hall-Library. This 8.5 acre community includes a clubhouse and 42 homes which are under construction. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- East Highlands: The subdivision will have a total of 148 lots on 46.5 acres off N. River Drive. There are currently 90 homes by Lennar permitted or completed.
- Overlook at Parkview: Construction on 24 single-family homes is complete and final site work is underway. This 8.01 acre site is located next to Killian Christian School’s soccer field on Arcado Road.
- Luxomni Point: Construction is under way for a 47-lot townhome community by Taylor Morrison Homes. The 5.2 acre plat has been approved for this site, located at Arcado Road and Cedar Road.
- Townswalk: Three single family detached homes are complete in this 9-lot pocket neighborhood at the site of the former City Hall Annex on First Avenue.
- Sampson: The last of nine townhome units is under construction at 789 Hillcrest Road.
- The Preserve at Killian Hill: This mixed use project is located at Arcado Road and Killian Hill Road and will include 167 townhomes and a 1.1 acre commercial site. Phase 1, which includes 37 units, is underway with 11 units under construction.
- Bryson Meadows: Clearing and grubbing is underway for this site located on Lilburn School Road. Meritage Homes plans to build 83 townhomes with commitment for a future 20,000 sq ft. commercial component on the eastern tract.
- LaPierre: Construction of 5 single family Habitat for Humanity homes on East Johns Road is complete. Final site work is underway.
- Parkview East: A clearing/grubbing permit has been issued for this location at Arcado Road and Lilburn Stone Mountain Road. Site development plans include 127 single family residential homes.
- Townes at Greenleaf: Clearing and grading has been permitted for this site located off Greenleaf Court. Plans include 29 townhomes and 4 single family residential homes on 3.8 acres.
- Townes at Rockbridge: Site development plan is under review. Concept plan includes 47 townhomes on 7.2 acres.
- Lilburn Township: Final plan and building design are under review for this property located at the corner of Main Street and Lawrenceville Hwy. Plans are for 81 townhomes and 15,000 sq. ft. of future commercial on 7.8 acres.
Updated February 24, 2020.