There is a lot happening in the City of Lilburn! Here is a list of upcoming or ongoing construction projects:
- Old Town parking expansion is now complete. The city parking lot between 1910 Public House and Music on Main Street has been redesigned to include more parking spaces.
- Camp Creek Greenway is being prepped for replacement of the 988-foot bridge on the west side of Main Street headed toward Lions Club Park. During the current preparatory work, no disruption of pedestrian/bike travel on the greenway is expected. However, that section of the greenway will be closed during bridge construction, which will begin sometime in early 2018.
- West Johns, Bradley Woods, and Old Manor roads resurfacing work was completed in September.
- Hillcrest Road Sidewalk: The city will install sidewalk on the east side of Hillcrest Road between Indian Trail and Burns roads in late 2017 or early 2018. Surveying and other preliminary work is under way.
- The Enclave: Model townhomes are complete in this 25-lot neighborhood on Arcado Road.
- East Highlands subdivision: Model homes are under construction. The streets are completed, and the final plat has been submitted. The subdivision will have a total of 148 lots on 46 acres off N. River Drive.
- First Avenue homes: A model home permit has been issued for a 9-lot pocket neighborhood at the site of the former City Hall Annex.
- Earth Craft house: Tom Mills, who produces and hosts a green-lifestyle video series, is building an energy-efficient, environmentally-friendly “smart home” on First Ave. Find videos documenting the construction progress on YouTube @GreenShortz GreenHouse.
- Plaza Las Americas: Now open! This 140,000-square-foot indoor mall includes nearly 100 businesses and a food court.
Last updated Sept. 15, 2017.