Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The 2018 annual report offers an overview of some of the city’s accomplishments during the past year.
Development throughout the city flourished in 2018 with many significant projects completed or under construction. Here is a snapshot of some of the activity:
• A wooden boardwalk along Camp Creek Greenway was replaced with 957 feet of precast concrete. The new boardwalk was paid for by SPLOST (Special Purpose Local Option Sales Tax), of which the Gwinnett County Recreation SPLOST Program contributed over $500,000. Other improvements residents will soon see at Lilburn City Park include a new, expanded playground, a new parking area in the park, and a new restroom facility.
• Construction began on the new Lilburn Police Headquarters and Municipal Court building, at 4600 Lawrenceville Hwy. Projected to be completed in fall 2019, the new building will be more centrally located and more visible. Relocation of the police department allows for the continued revitalization of downtown.
• Several companies opted to build or expand in Lilburn. One notable project is a 351,340 square-foot office/distribution center currently under construction on Indian Trail Lilburn Road.
• Housing opportunities in the city are growing, including a senior living community to be constructed at the corner of Main and Church streets, across from Lilburn City Hall-Library. A 4.2 acre mixed use development is under construction downtown that will include 55 townhomes with future storefronts along Main Street.
• Several transportation issues were addressed in 2018. A section of Hillcrest Road near the Lilburn Activity Center received new sidewalks and streetlights. In addition, Ripple Water Run and Webb Parkway were resurfaced with over 400 feet of curb and gutter replaced on Webb Parkway. In 2019 a new High-intensity Activated Crosswalk (HAWK) pedestrian signal will be installed on Killian Hill Road at Shelley Lane, and the intersection of Lilburn Industrial Way and Killian Hill Road will receive signalization and improvements.
Click here to view the complete 2018 Annual Report.