Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
The 2019 annual report offers an overview of some of the city’s accomplishments during the past year.
What a difference a year makes! Here are some of the projects completed this past year and what residents can look forward to in 2020.
• Residents now have a new and larger playground to enjoy in Lilburn City Park! The playground has separate areas for younger and older children. The new equipment includes linear arches, webbing, interactive panels, and climbers. Swings accommodate a variety of ages and abilities and include traditional swings as well as a two-person Friendship Swing. Padded artificial grass provides a softer playing surface and improved accessibility. A small pavilion is currently being added at the playground, and there is a designated area for stroller parking.
• A new park restroom was completed in 2019. The building was designed to better accommodate larger events, and it is a great addition for daily park users. Visitors to the park also have more parking options with the new 90+ space parking lot located on Railroad Avenue.
• A variety of housing opportunities have become available in the city. Several new neighborhoods have been established including senior housing, individual homes, and attached townhomes.
• A new 350,000+ square foot office/distribution center on Indian Trail Lilburn Road opened for business in 2019.
• Several commercial projects are expected in 2020, including new commercial buildings on Main Street between Railroad Avenue and First Avenue.
• Construction of the new Lilburn Police Headquarters and Municipal Court Complex, at 4600 Lawrenceville Highway, will be complete in early 2020. The building at 76 Main Street will be removed to make way for an open air pavilion at the park. The pavilion will be approximately 3,000 square feet with restrooms and other public amenities.
• Several road resurfacing and repair projects were completed in 2019. Areas included portions of Poplar Street, Indian Lake Drive, Indian Lake Court, and Dogwood Drive. In 2020, a traffic signal will be installed at Killian Hill Road and Lilburn Industrial Way. Construction will also begin on a new HAWK pedestrian signal (High-intensity Activated Crosswalk) on Killian Hill Road at Shelly Lane.
Click here to view the complete 2019 Annual Report.