Stormwater Management

Stormwater Drainage System

Gwinnett County Water Resources Stormwater Division is responsible for managing and maintaining the storm drainage systems in the City of Lilburn. 

Report a water pollution or stormwater issue.

To report a water service interruption or sewer service overflow, contact the Gwinnett County Dispatch Center at 678-376-7000 for immediate assistance.

Detention/Retention Pond Maintenance

According to the City of Lilburn development regulations, it is the responsibility of the property owner to maintain a detention pond. That could be a homeowners’ association (HOA) with a detention pond on a common parcel. If there is no HOA, the responsibility for maintenance falls on the owner(s) of the property on which the pond lies. Organized neighborhood work days at the detention pond by the owner and residents can be very effective in preventing expensive repairs. 

Find more information from Gwinnett County about detention pond maintenance.

Drainage Assistance / Rip Rap Program

Free to city residents, the City of Lilburn will deliver one truckload per year of drainage rocks. This is for erosion control purposes only, not for driveways or decoration. City public works staff will come out and assess the drainage situation and approve the delivery of rip-rap type III rock.

Make a request online.