Floodplain Management/Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance Repeal and Replace
The Lilburn City Code, SubPart A, General Ordinances, Chapter 109, Article III, Floodplain Management and Flood Damage Prevention was last amended in 2007. Meanwhile the Metro North GA Water Planning District (MNGWPD) adopted a “District Model Floodplain Management/Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance” in 2013 and Gwinnett County updated their Floodplain Management Chapter 700 of UDO in April, 2015 as an acceptable equivalent to the Model Ordinance.
While City has the option to adopt either, in keeping with the City’s IGA with Gwinnett County, and to maintain consistency in the administration of regulations related to floodplain areas, staff recommends adopting text amendments to provide the “acceptable equivalent”.
Since there were significant changes in the organization of the document (which result in text amendments to every page), staff further recommends a repeal and replacement of all applicable Divisions of the existing ordinance.
- Public Hearing (Y/N)
- Planning & Economic Development
- Joellen Wilson, City Planner
- Staff Recommendations:
- A motion to approve Ordinance #2018-531 to repeal and replace the Floodplain Management/Flood Damage Prevention Ordinance, with an effective date of January 1, 2019.
- Department Head Approval:
- Doug Stacks
- Mayor's Signature Required: