Alcoholic Beverage Licenses
Businesses that sell and/or serve beer, wine, and distilled spirits in the City of Lilburn are required to obtain an Alcoholic Beverage License. Licenses are issued for January 1 through December 31 and must be renewed each year. City of Lilburn Alcoholic Beverage Licenses are issued in accordance with regulations and requirements outlined in Chapter 6 of the City of Lilburn Code of Ordinances.
Please access the Alcohol Licensing Portal to apply for both the state and local alcohol licenses.
All Alcohol Licensees are required to purchase alcohol from wholesale distributors.
How to Apply
- All businesses must first apply for an Occupational Tax Certificate (Business License) from the City of Lilburn.
- Using the link above, apply for the state and local alcohol license. The Alcohol Licensing Board will review the City of Lilburn Alcohol Beverage License application and recommend approval or denial in accordance with Lilburn City Code.
- Business Services will register the applicant for fingerprinting at an authorized Georgia Applicant Processing Services (GAPS) location.
- Alcohol server permits are required for managers and all employees who serve alcohol for on premise consumption. Additionally, a minimum of 75% of servers are required to be trained in responsible vending. Server permits are issued by Business Services.
- Home Delivery Permits are now required for any home delivery as allowed by O.C.G.A. 3-3-10. Home Delivery Permits are issued by Business Services.
STAY TUNED FOR UPDATES TO THE ALCOHOL LICENSE RENEWAL FOR 2023
- Renewal applications are mailed out or can be emailed by request.
- Applicants must submit the upcoming years state alcohol license from the Department of Revenue.
- Alcohol licensees who have on-premise consumption must provide copies of Server Card and TIPS certifications.