Acquiring a business license is an important step in the life of a business. A license gives your business credibility, protects you from certain liability, and enables you to file business taxes separate from personal taxes.
A business license (Occupational Tax Certificate) is required for any business in the City of Lilburn, regardless of the size of the business or whether it is operated at a residence or commercial location. Licenses must be renewed on January 31 each year.
How to Apply
- Contact Business Services at 770-921-2210 to verify zoning requirements for the type of business to be established and to apply for a City of Lilburn Certificate of Occupancy
- Obtain a Certificate of Occupancy from Gwinnett County Fire Marshal
- Business Services can also assist in determining any additional licensing requirements
- Complete the New Business License Application
- Please reference the checklist for items needed to submit a complete application.
If your business is located in the Lilburn city limits, you do not need to obtain a business license from Gwinnett County.
How to Renew Your Business License
Annual renewals are required for a City of Lilburn business license (occupational tax certificate). Renewals must be filed by January 31 every year.
The city mails or emails renewal applications. If your business has not received an application by the end of the calendar year, please contact City Hall at 770-921-2210.
Bring your renewal application to City Hall or mail to:
City of Lilburn
340 Main St.
Lilburn, GA 30047
- New Business License Application
- Business License Application for Pain Management Clinics
- Business License Information for Pawn Shops and Precious Metals Dealers
- Home Occupation Form
- New Business License Contact Information
- Plaza las Americas New Business License Checklist
- New Business License Checklist