Acquiring a business license is an important step in the life of a business. A license gives your business credibility, protects you from certain liability, and enables you to file business taxes separate from personal taxes.
A business license (Occupational Tax Certificate) is required for any business in the City of Lilburn, regardless of the size of the business or whether it is operated at a residence or commercial location. Licenses must be renewed January 31 each year.
How to Apply
- Please contact Business Services at 770-921-2210 to verify zoning requirements for the type of business to be established and any licensing requirements.
- Obtain a Certificate of Occupancy from Gwinnett County Fire Marshal.
- Complete the building inspection application and schedule the inspection City of Lilburn building inspector.
- Complete the new business license application found online or in the office.
- Please provide all documents listed on checklist.
- All NEW business license applications must be brought in to our office or mailed. Please do not email applications.
If your business is located in the Lilburn city limits, you do not need to obtain a business license from Gwinnett County.
How to Renew Your Business License
Annual renewal is required for a City of Lilburn business license (Occupational Tax Certificate). All Occupational Tax Certificates in the City of Lilburn expire on January 31 every year.
The city will mail and/or email renewal applications. If your business has not received a renewal application by the end of the calendar year, please contact Business Services at 770-921-2210.
Bring your renewal application to City Hall or mail to:
City of Lilburn,Business Services
340 Main St.
Lilburn, GA 30047
- New Business License Application
- Business License Application for Pain Management Clinics
- Business License Information for Pawn Shops and Precious Metals Dealers
- New Business License Checklist
- Home Occupation Form
- New Business License Contact Information
- Plaza las Americas New Business License Checklist
- Lilburn Business Class List
- City of Lilburn Fee Schedule